Monday, May 16, 2011

Success and Silliness

Elijah is READING! 
Here is a clip of his success and ensuing silliness between he and Adah, if you're interested.


We reached this happy milestone last week!
It has been so sweet to share in his joy at the accomplishment of reading a book all by himself.
I feel his demeanor is different in the wake of this triumph. Like he's been trusted with the keys to a great treasure: he carries himself with a shade more maturity,
holds his head higher.
 Like he's been admitted to a secret "grown up" world, that up until a few days ago, was just out of his reach. He behaves as a newly minted member of a privileged people,
those who can unlock the magic of words.
*Sigh.* My little man.
I am happy for him. I pray he'll have a lifetime love of reading!

P.S.~ This was an accomplishment for me, too: My first homeschooling effort and God blessed us with easy success. 
May ALL of our homeschooling be this triumphant!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Woo-Hooo!!! Gracie and I so enjoyed watching this triumphant (and precious) moment!
    Thanks for sharing!
    We love you all!
    Jenn and Gracie

    ReplyDelete