Sunday, March 31, 2013

Sweet Joy and Peace

What a joyous day, with so much peace,  as we gathered with family to celebrate the very heart of our Christian faith, the resurrection of Jesus. I am blessed beyond measure to have been brought by God's grace to a faith in the life, death and life again of Jesus. A line from one of my favorite hymns, Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing perfectly sums up how I see my life as a result God's great love for me:

Jesus sought me when a stranger,
Wandering from the fold of God;
He, to rescue me from danger,
Interposed His precious blood;
How His kindness yet pursues me
Mortal tongue can never tell,
Clothed in flesh, till death shall loose me
I cannot proclaim it well.


He removed the blinders from eyes and revealed to me His great truths. He allowed to me to believe by showing me all that I could never see before.

And with all sweetness we also celebrated Naomi's second birthday. Words cannot express what a gift and treasure she is to me, to all of us. Unbelievable, deep swelling love for this darling girl. Its of course, bittersweet to see her grow and change: to be talking more and understanding more and craving more and more independence. I am excited to see who is she becoming but sad that she is growing so fast and is no longer my little baby. To be honest, I have been more than a little weepy
about it. I just want to be able to scoop her up and snuggle her close... forever.



1 comment:

  1. Hi there!
    This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I really enjoy reading your articles.
    Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that cover the
    same topics?
    Thanks!

    To access even more info visit my page on Golf Putting & Expert Golf Tips

    ReplyDelete