Saturday, December 6, 2008

a crafty night by the fire


Most of you know that Gabe works a 14 hour shift on Saturdays. I usually spend Saturday nights almost brain dead in front of the computer or the tube. But not tonight! My peg people arrived today from GooseGrease's etsy store and I am ready to bring this little family to life!

I bought 5 families of six, intending to give them as Christmas gifts to some of the Dickinson nieces. Now, the Dickinson's have decided to celebrate Christmas without gifts this year and I have more than just a few wooden dolls (er, people) looking for a home. I am painting this set for Elijah, provided I never call them dolls (Gabe's insistence) and the rest will be saved for gifts throughout the year.

My little dumplins' are asleep at last, my lonely and under-loved art supplies are at the ready, the fire is roaring....Yippee!

I'll be sure to post some pictures of the finished family;)

No comments:

Post a Comment