Thursday, September 13, 2012

So far, so good!

Apple still life paintings: (clockwise- Mommy's, Elijah's, Adah's)

 Our first week of homeschooling is going wonderfully! I do believe my planning worked! The days have been smooth and easy. The difference, for me, between "winging it" and planning, cannot be understated. Last year's attempt at "winging it" resulted in fizzled enthusiasm on all of our parts. 

I know this about myself.... I know, and everyone close to me would agree, that I am often filled with great bursts of enthusiasm and determination about one thing or another, becoming absolutely consumed with an idea or a plan for a month or two and then,
 just like that....  over it.  
(or discouraged and confused and giving up)

Having made concrete goals and objectives, planned out and prepared, having materials organized and ready, having a schedule and purpose in mind everyday.... 
this is going to be the secret to our success. I just know it. 
That, and the goodness of the Lord who knows my weakness and, "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for you: for my strength is made perfect in weakness." 1 Cor 2:9

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely need more planning. I love the apple artwork!

    ReplyDelete