Saturday, October 3, 2009

My Dream Last Night: Part 2

So onto to the meaning of this dream....

First off, this is just my worldly take on it, my woman's intuition. Its just a dream and it probably means nothing at all. You know when you first wake up and you are still kind of "in the dream"; and how sometimes your first impressions of what and why you dreamed are still sort of hanging out in dream world, too. It was on those first impressions that I base this interpretation:

To me, the baby represents something newly created or some new creative venture.... something beautiful.... or maybe just my inner creative desire. And it is READY to be born.

And if I would just stop for one minute to let it be born, just let it come out, it would happen so easily, so quickly, so painlessly.

But, I am busy being busy. Walking about the house is the business of life, of keeping house and children. Also, it is a deliberate busy-ness, a chosen distraction, an excuse of why I can't stop and birth this baby.

In the dream I put off having the baby until a "better" time. I don't feel ready.
At some point, ready or not, its going to happen and I won't be able to stop it. And when it does, I am going to be surprised by the peacefulness of it....so surprised that I might mistake my creative venture as being dead or not going anywhere. However, I will breathe life into it and it will bring me great joy and contentment.

Now for the last part about my mother in law cutting the umbilical cord. Well, I've had think about that. This part didn't come to me in the moments after the dream. I have been dwelling on it and have conjured up a possibility.

First, I am not sure that my MIL, personally, has anything to do with it. I have great respect and admiration for MIL. She is a truly inspirational woman who I look to for guidance in many areas of life, both spiritual and practical. I think she might just be symbolic of a maternal or spiritual elder, someone who will guide me and give me advice about how to help the give the baby its own life.

And, I think the cutting of the umbilical cord represents, just as it does in real life, making the child self sustaining, not relying on the mother's biological resources to live. In other words, although I will be caring for "my baby", it will be able to grow and live on it's on strength.

Hey, I really don't know exactly what all it means it, but its fun to imagine!
Thanks for "listening".

No comments:

Post a Comment