Saturday, October 31, 2009

A New Hat for Adah

The hats I made for Adah last winter (here and here) have long since been outgrown. The baby can't have a cold head, can she? So, I set to work on making her a new hat. My requirements for this hat were that it be:
1. simple-  I have very little free time for knitting
2. free- had to be made from yarn I already have stashed away
3. big enough that she won't outgrow it in a month's time.

I achieved all my goals with this extremely simple rolled brim cap. I crocheted a flower and attached it with a cute little button to dress it up. I also added a pair of crocheted straps in an attempt to keep it on her head. But, no such luck. I might as well give this hat to some other child who will use it, because I doubt Adah will ever wear it.

I managed to snap a couple of quick pics before she yanked it off and tossed it to the floor with disgust.




Will somebody please tell the child that this hat was made with love by her mommy using vintage Morino wool and its cute and  really practical?

2 comments:

  1. I will! I will! I'll tell her how much her mommy loves her and knitted this precious adorable hat just for her! I'll help you hold her down so you can tie it on her head!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz that is sssooooo gorgeous!! How do you make time for such projects?

    ReplyDelete